Bible-BasedTrauma Healing InitialEquipping
Location: Mclean Bible Church located at
8925 Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA 22182
Dates: September 13-15, 2018
Thursday: 8:00 am-5:00 pm; Friday: 8:00 am- 7:30 pm; Saturday: 8:00 am-3:00 pm
At this initial equipping session, participants learn basic biblical and mental health principles related to trauma care; explore if they themselves are carrying any wounds of trauma or loss and bring those to Christ for healing; learn how to lead groups in a participatory way; learn the program model; and develop plans for using what they have learned in their community. This session is intended for people who would like to explore becoming a trauma healing caregiver or facilitator so that they can provide basic care for those wounded by trauma and loss, or (optionally) train others to do so. Mental health professionals can benefit from this practical approach that is effective with groups cross-culturally. This session is appropriate for caregivers who will work in the USA or internationally.
· Able to communicate in English
· Able to teach others in a community
· Able to attend all of the sessions
· At least 18 years old
· Committed to help other trauma survivors
· Personal sensitivity to impact on others
· Registration is $180/person
·Registration Deadline is Monday,August 27, 2018. (Due to logistical constraints,
there will be no exceptions granted.)
· Cancellations will be accepted and a full refund will be given up to 30 days before the
· Lunch and snacks will be provided each day.
· Meals may be a small additional cost.
· Participants are responsible for personal lodging. There are several hotels reasonably
priced and located within a few miles of Mclean Bible Church.